"4:30, 4:30 in the mornin, tryin to find a way to get back to sleep"

Friday, August 29, 2008

Yes yes my friends we have once again arrived at, lets say it together FRIDAY!!!!



This week has been a little different instead of going in at 8 or 10 I went in at 1 A.M. Yes my shift started at 1 so please lift your jaw back up. HAHA

This was by far the most eventful and stressful but still it is so worth it

So where else would I:

Be called "darlin", "sweetie", "hun", and "sugar" over and over and over!!!

See people sober and drunk all in the same day

Cook Pita sandwiches for dozens of inebriated young people (and a few old)

Have 2 groups of 5 guys screaming at each other about to start a fight

See a 5'0' woman go out in the middle of the crowd yelling and screaming at them to stop

While she was doing that I dial 911, because I didn't think she was going to come back alive and a cop shows up (right after the guys leave (of course))

Have two guys try to tell me they already payed for their food then call me a racist and then threaten the young lady I work with, UNTIL I yell back at them, get in their faces and grab the phone (both of them were taller and bigger and I) and they immediately back down. (and apologize. And I told them I had no problem with them whatsoever and wished them a fun and safe rest of the night.

Please tell me when would I ever be in such situations, I know I know no where that is why I am so thankful for where the Lord has placed me.

Rick and Sonda did a great job (this was Sondas and my last night to work together (so sad) Rick and I have many more to go)

Yes this was an eventful evening (schools back in session) but a lot of things learned and the best part was I got to hang out downtown from 11-1 not working and just hanging out it was great to be there in that capacity and observe people.





PS I don't care what time it says below it is 4:41 on my clock hahaha Goodnight


PPS the typos are all apart of the aura of the "4:30 4:30 in the morning post"

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Went to work at 1...so that's why Jack woke up fussing at 1 am this morning...he knew what an exciting night you were going to have...please be safe... :)

Andrea said...

Whoa what a story! One to put in the memory bank. It looks like you're going to have countless opportunities to be a light in the darkness. Awesome.