"Let Us Pray, Let Us Pray" the Boys (and Girls) are Back in Town"

Monday, August 25, 2008







Well, it turns out that we don't live in an abandoned part of town. The streets are filled with students. Every inch of free side street and shoulder are taken up with students parking. Downtown was overrun with smiling friends and bummed out parents dropping their kids off for fun, adventerous, and as we all pray, safe times.

We can all remember our college years, Abby and I have had a blast sharing stories and reminiscing about our college days. I also can remember the terrible and stupid decisions I made. Abby and I have often said that we probably wouldn't have been friends because of how silly, stupid, and foolish I was my first year.

But thanks be to Christ that he held so tightly to me. I say all that to say for you to think back to those days, the decisions you made, and the things you did. For good and for ill, try to remember.

Then please join me in praying for the college kids here in Fargo. Join me in praying for their safety, friendships, course work, but most of all and infinitely more important, the impact of the Gospel on their lives. Pray that they will come to Christ and that they will flourish in Him. Below are the list of schools here in Fargo, you can check them out and read about them to better frame your prayers.


NDSU-North Dakota State University

MSUM-Minnesota State University Moorhead
Concordia College

Rasmussen College


University of Mary Fargo Center

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I have long believed that the Lord brought the 2 of you together at JUST the right time! Praise the Lord for His perfect timing!!

Melanie said...

I have long believed that the Lord brought the 2 of you together at JUST the right time! Praise the Lord for His perfect timing!!