"Prepare ye the way"

Thursday, August 21, 2008
It is a crazy time in the Robinson house (apartment). I have just started a few new endeavors. First off, I am doing an internship at a cool church in Franklin, TN (south of Nashville) called Ridgeview Community Church. The church is about 4 years old and has already been involved in planting 4 new churches (even one in Montana). Officially I am the Church Planting Intern, what that basically means is I am there to participate in the leadership and learn what all goes into church planting. I have been there for about 3 weeks and have already learned a few things. I foresee the Lord really doing some neat things in the next several months here at Ridgeview.

I have also recently started working with Lifeway Research. They do all kinds of cool research on all kinds of issues for pastors, lay folks, and anyone else who may be interested. It has been a pretty neat experience so far. I did some work on a this book by Brad Waggoner on spiritual formation. I actually saw a couple of interviews I did in the back of the book, which is kind neat. I have recently been working on a project with Outreach Magazine on the largest and fastest growing churches in America (by work I mean filing hundreds of emails, surveys, and other docs). I have a few thoughts from this study that I will share later on. I think I am going to really enjoy working with them.

Beyond these two ventures I am still a fulltime student at Southern and a fulltime husband to Pam and am working on getting things ready for moving to Fargo. I am excited to see what the Lord is going to do over the next year in preparing us to go. Stay tuned as we add updates and insights from our lives as church planters. Grace and Peace...

0 comments: