Wow!! The date is drawing near...

Monday, April 27, 2009

It doesn't seem that long ago that Pam and I were thinking through the possibility of moving to Fargo to plant churches with our best friends, John and Abby. Now we are less than 4 week from it becoming a reality. Though I am very excited about what is in store for us and anxious about the work we will be doing in Fargo, nervousness has really began to set in.

Pam gave her two week notice at work today, which was a big step toward Fargo for us. After she left for work this morning a wave of emotion swept over me. The hugeness of what we are about to embark on started to really sink in. We are moving to a city we love, but is totally new to us. We are leaving a comfortable life, with good jobs, going to a place where we are not real sure where we are going to work, and really how our life is going to look. It kind of made me sick to think about.

So I do what I always do when I am overcome by emotion, I started reading the bible. In the process of planning and talking about planting churches in Fargo Jeremiah 29:4-13 has been a source of vision and inspiration for us. Much of what we desire to see happen in Fargo is found in the first few verses. Our vision is to see community built in Fargo that seeks the "welfare of the city."

But this morning the famous words of verse 11 really gave me a lot of peace and encouragement.

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. "

Even though I can't tell you what it's going to look like or the detail of jobs, money, and other such detail, we really believe God knows what is going to happen and His plan is not for evil but for our welfare.

I know doubt and fear are going to continue to show up as we move closer to our move, but I rest on Jeremiah 29:11 and look forward to our hope and future.

2 comments:

Katie said...

So weird to think I blogged about just the same thing the other day....

amy said...

Looking forward to seeing you guys in FL before you move to the bitter-cold North. Love you both!