Sick?

Wednesday, May 23, 2007
Today I had a heated discussion with someone about strip clubs, and I made the comment that those going there are "SICK." Not sick in the sense of making sexual sin a disease, but in the sense of the perverseness of it. I was disagreed with(this person usually disagrees with everying I say, but that's beside the point). He made the point that all of our nation's military, or at least a huge percentage of it, that this is their bread and butter. I said, "they're sick." Well, the rest of the details are frivolous, so I want to tell why it is "SICK".




When you have royally screwed up, which feels better, when someone says "ahh you can do better next time", or "you screwed up, keep on pluggin"? Well, stupid question, but humor me. Of Course, the first one feels so much better. While both are expressing something was done wrong and both exhort the person to keep on troddin', secular "psycho-babble" has told us to not say the way things are. Instead of saying you lost, we say betterluck next time, or instead of saying you are sinning, we say that there are character issues. We make things sound so much nicer rather than the reality of the situation.


How many times have we said "I am struggling", or "I struggle with X...., you know everyone does" "I could always do better in X...." I mean just look at that language and I think I would not be pointing this out if this method would have helped. But IT HASN'T. We have a bunch of people out there who could justify anything and make themselves feel better for everything that they have done wrong. Seriously. Now, I know there are those that want to quote, "A harsh word...", or the fruits of the spirit and I want to assure you that those texts are completely taken into account with this. Those passages don't say, "you're wonderful, you're nice, and dawgonnet people like you." They say you need to strive for this becasue you love God and ya know what you MISS THE MARK.


So what in the world does this have to do with the price of tea in China? Saying that going to a strip club is sick is NOT being mean or judgemental, Matthew 5 does that far too well and authoritatively. No, depravity is sick, women putting their God given (and something altered) bodies to be gawked at rupped on and paid for like some animal is sick. And men paying money to visually rape, take advatage of, and be turned on by such a person is just what I said, SICK! We need to pluck more eyes and cut off more hands for goodness sake. It is sick and so is sin itself, put it into perspective ye who justify your sin. You are willingly shaking your fist at the Holy of Holies and spitting on the gift he has given, choosing the maggot ridden dirt over the lucious steak that has been provided. We are playing the whore as a people and we need to call it what it is and repent because we LOVE God and more importantly HE loved us first.


THE END!!!!!!!!!!


1 comments:

Charlotte said...

Hey John, this is Charlotte Chester(maybe you remember better me as the little middleschooler in band at Lipscomb). Not really sure how I found your blog, but I read a few of your posts, and I really like what you wrote. Especially in this one. Many things in this world are "sick" and too many times we try to sugar coat it. I pray that the Lord continues to bless and inspire you to influence others! Hope you and your family are doing well! =)