I Have Been Blessed

Monday, September 15, 2008


So I don't know if many of you remember, but we have been looking for a place to go to on a weekly basis where we could get to know a lot of people, and become "our spot." Well, we have been looking around ever since we have been here, and we've finally found it.




Every Sunday night, and at least one other night during the week, we go and dine at Buffalo Wild Wings.

This is a picture from their website with some different merchandise that they sell. But we have loved getting to know the girls and guys at BW's. Emilee, Emily, Nikki, Sam, Perry, and a whole host of other extremely kind and wonderful people.

They have been opening up their lives, and have been tremendously encouraging to us. Now we are figuring out what we can eat, what we can't eat, and that too much fried food can take a serious toll on you. We order out meal in stages, sometimes even a three course meal, so we can stay around for a while. We also try to leave a tip that will take care of our server for the amount of time we stay there (1-2 hrs usually). We absolutely love it, and they have been so fantastic to us. So if you are trying to find us on Sunday night, this is where we will be. We had been going on Thursdays, but we are looking for another time that might be better.

Friends, look for a place that you can go on a weekly basis where people can start to know your order, your name, or at least your face. Show the people that serve the love that Christ has shown you.  Yeah, it is a sacrifice, and yes, financially, you can take a hit but the ripples you can make in someone's life can be huge. Abby and I pay for ours by me giving plasma every week. I give plasma, an area where I get to meet a ton of people, in order for us to go to BW's twice a week, where we meet lots of people. Now you don't have to do it the way we have, but the point is that you need to find a similar outlet. Where can you get plugged into to get to know people who don't believe the same things you do? How can you start to have an influence on these wonderful people?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Every time I read this blog I find more and more useful tips for reaching out to the community around me. This is probably one of the most useful one I've found so far for my new college life. Fishers, I thank God for you guys on a daily basis.

P.S. Could you send me some info on being a summer or semester missionary?