33.5

Saturday, January 3, 2009
Yes everyone we set an all time monthly record for snowfall last month: 33.5 inches of snow fall in a given month. That is a new record for amount of snow to fall in any given month let alone as early as December. We are currently experiencing some major snow fall today, so here's to setting another record. Now, my Fargo friends please chime in on this, but this hasn't just been a normal month but this has been for real tough. So all that to say that we feel like the real deal here. I have seen 2 blizzards and this much snow so I feel like the real deal. When we first got here everyone would say stuff like "you just don't know" or "just wait". Well my friends we have arrived and we have seen the real deal. WOOHOO



Now New Years was awesome! We had a blast at the OB with Drew and Susan. We had a great meal and the company was even better. Thanks so much for the invite and we look forward to doing it again soon!



Many of you have been asking how things are going at the Pita Pit in Fargo. Well things are looking up. The current economic situation coupled with inclement weather has hit us hard (we rely on a lot of foot traffic so sub-zero natually keeps people away). Because of this, they had to make some major changes at work: we are all working less, the three owners are working much more and we have had to downsize the staff. So it has been chaotic lately in our lives. Things are looking better now than they had in the last couple of months. So there is a sense of hope at work, now in my opinion I think this can work and both of these places can be very proftable but it will take all of us stepping out of the box and often times out of the store and spreading the word. I am excited to be apart of making this better, so in my opinion this'll work if we all start not doing business as usual and really working because we want to make this work.



Lastly a shout out to my Fargo peoples, come on by we are open 10-8 and have weekly pita specials. Coupons are also in different places, so it is very affordable. Now I am the type guy who loves to buy home grown, local etc. Some might say (but it is a chain) let me tell you friends it is a chain, that is true, but it is run by people that struggle and toil just like the rest of us. There is no big brother carrying us along. So when I eat at the Pita Pit it is like eating at any other locally owned place. So if you're like me at all and love Fargo than lets support Fargo by supporting those local businesses and business owners who are't getting rich off of cheating or taking advantage of anyone but who are getting by only by putting out a great product because they take pride in what they are doing. I know I am biased because I work there but downtonwn needs the Pita Pit just like the Pita Pit needs downtown. Let's support local commerce in our grocery shooping, coffee choices, furniture, RESTAURANTS (of the Pita persuasion), hardware and whatever else one might need.



We love Fargo and we know many of you do too. Let's all work to make Fargo a better place.

0 comments: