misconceptions from the movie Fargo

Saturday, February 21, 2009
1. I don't think I have seen a woodchipper the whole time I've lived here, now I have seen my fair share of snow blowers maybe that should have been used. (I'm just sayin)

2. Most of the bars are in town so you don't have to travel way off in the boon docks to get to them

3. Some people do have the wicked strong accent
but not all, but some (I have to say that again)

4. Lot of people do like to fish, summer, winter (the other two season are to short to mention)

5. Minneapolis is farther away from Fargo than the movie lets on


6. There is a real metro police dept in the FM and also NDSU and MSUM have full police forces now brainerd maybe they do look like this and act like this but I have't seen it haha.

7. Fargo is much more than a bar in the middle of no where-a town of 120,000 but with the sister city it is almost 200,000 (depending on the stat you're reading of course).

8. Now while there are stretches of road where there is nothing and if a car was run off the road and people murdered it might be a little while before they are noticed but at the same token usually there is some movement. (this would be 50 or so miles outside of Fargo heading west where the stretches are).
Forreal I don't let my car get below 1/2 a tank on long car trips.










9. A true statement, there are towns where everyone knows everyone and there are no real secrets. but isn't that true in every state ?

10. Lastly another true statement There are a lot of crazy names up here that really struggle to pronounce. HA. hjelmstad (how would you say it)(kjristen)(lutefisk)

I hope you enjoyed the Fargo ramblings and if reading this compels you to watch the movie I caution you it is a murder mystery and I would also invite you after you watch it to consider coming for a visit.


"Although the film is named Fargo, the location of the initial scene in
North Dakota, most of the film's action is set in Minnesota (the towns of Brainerd and Minneapolis) and on the road to and from Fargo, during approximately a week of time in late January and early February. None of the film was shot in the city of Fargo."-filmsite.org-

0 comments: